Weasel Shit Coffee? "It's a bit nutty"





After my first trip to Vietnam where I was introduced to the best coffee I had ever had, I was left curious about weasel crap coffee.  While I drank about ten cups of that sweet Viet iced coffee every day, I failed to sample their famed weasel coffee. Weasel $hit coffee?  Yep – I said that right.  Weasels in Asia like eating coffee cherries. In fact, they seem to have a knack for eating the best quality coffee cherries!  At some point, people started putting that fact to use since they realized that if the Luwak (weasel) is picking out the best berries to eat, then the undigested seeds of the berries must also be the best.  The best berries equals the best coffee beans.  And so it began – people began sifting through weasel feces to drink.  I couldn’t make this up if I tried.  Anyway, I went to #Bali and visited a popular Luwak coffee farm called Bali Pulina overlooking rice terraces.  In this picture you can see the girls preparing my sampler of different types of coffees and teas.  I started off with the sweet coffees and teas, leaving the “best” for last.  I drank it.  It was pretty strong and when I thought about it, people’s coffee breath kind of smells like crap anyway so suddenly the Universe made sense.

Comments